It is most important to give back to the community, to spread a little bit of sunshine. We make it a priority to regularly contribute to projects dear to our hearts.
Here are a few ways we choose to give back:
- Our Christmas party doubles-out as a fundraiser for CFAX Santa’s Anonymous, a local charity helping families in need. A raffle is organized where guests’ contributions are matched by the company. (Since 2013). It has been a huge success thanks to the generosity of the whole team!
- Time and resources were donated towards the inauguration of a garden oasis for the Sandy-Merriman House, Cool Aid’s Society emergency shelter for women. (2017)
- Yearly support of Project Paradise Haiti helping building homes and generating employment in impoverished Haiti. (Since 2016)
- Hero Works: Donation of material for the construction of shelters.
- Following Dave’s project management for the reconstruction of Casa Guatemala, an orphanage destroyed by an earthquake in 1998, we have spent a lot of time in the Rio Dulce region in Guatemala. We have been contributing to the schooling of 4 children: Julianna, Nanci, Jenni and Dulce. (Since 2003). In 2020, we were able to raise funds following the rough hurricane season in the region which flooded the homes of thousands of people.
- Renovation of a bathroom for one of our employee’s family. Thanks to the generosity of our amazing trades and suppliers, the family can now use this especially important accessible bathroom. (2018)